What is Klamax
The Origin of Klamax is a algae the grows exclusively in Lake Klamath in Oregon state below a volcano in a completely Unique Environment
Aphanizomenon flos aquae A F A AFA
The Invisible Flower of the Water), grows wild in a uniquely pristine volcanic lake, with up to 10 meters of mineral deposits which make the AFA algae the living food richest in minerals, and very rich also in vitamins, amino acids, and essential fatty acids. From AFA come the two extracts that compose KlaMax
To under stand Klamax you need to understand it components
What is Klamin and AphaMax
The first ingredient – Klamin is supported by many scientific studies in areas such as mood (depression, anxiety, self-esteem), physical and mental energy, ADHD and learning, hunger control and weight loss, libido, as well immune modulation and pain reduction.
the second Ingredient – AphaMax® is backed by studies in areas such as strong reduction of lipoperoxidation (the oxidation of cells in our body), and radical improvement of psoriasis, as well as gastric, intestinal and osteo-arthicular inflammation.
While our AFA algae is harvested from Klamath Lake, in Oregon, USA, the manufacturing branch of the Nutrigea group of companies, which is the group that owns the patents and has licensed Klamax to iGalen, is in Italy. It is at the Blue Lotus factory that the pre-mix beverage formula has been developed, and where very stringent quality controls guarantee that the product is clean, effective and free of any contaminants or excipients.
Summary of Benefits
- Skin maintenance and repair
- Cardiovascular health
- Improved immune system
- Maintenance and repair of stem cells
- Normalization of oxidation and inflammation
- Stress Relief
- Improved energy and sex drive
- Improved intelligence and mental energy
- Prevention of degenerative diseases
- Normalization of inflammation
The Molecules In KlaMax® and Stem Cells
- Phenylethylamine, called “the molecule of love” because we produce it spontaneously when we are in love and happy, is a very powerful neuromodulator and immune-modulator; and has proven to be able to significantly enhance the production and metabolism of the neural stem cells produced in the brain.
- AFA-phycocyanins (AFA-PC) are a powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory molecules proven to be about 40 times more effective than renown antioxidants such as quercetin and catechins. They also strongly stimulate fibroblasts, the stem cells of the skin, and more generally somatic stem cells.
- Mycosporine-like amino acids (MAAs), powerful antioxidants and, together with AFA-PCs, protect PEA, and other neurotransmitters such as dopamine, from being destroyed by specific enzymes monoamine oxidase (MAO-B) present in our bodies.
- The overall synergy of these and other molecules generates a 360° action on our organism, enhancing at once the nervous, immune and antioxidant/anti-inflammatory systems, while stimulating the release and the circulation of both neural and somatic stem cells, generating effects on hair and skin rejuvenation, as well as the physiological repairing of lesions of tissues, from the skin to the internal organs.
Both Klamin and AphaMax are water extracts from AFA, and each represent a specific fraction of the whole microalgae. The difference between the two is that while both are water mechanical extracts, the water extract is produced through different Ultrafiltration membranes: Klamin concentrates for the most part the small molecular weight molecules, and only some of the higher molecular weight phycocyanins; AphaMax concentrates the mid range of molecular weight, thus generating the highest concentration AFA-phycocyanins.
Each extract concentrates its relevant molecules approximately 5:1. So, Klamin concentrates the unique phenylethylamine (PEA) molecule from approx. 3 mg/gr to 15-18 mg/gr; and the mycosporine-like amino acids Porphyra and Shinorine from approx. 0.8 mg/gr to 2.7 mg/gr. AphaMax® concentrates the unique AFA-phycocyanins from approx. 50 mg/gr in the whole AFA to approx. 250 mg/gr in the extract. Overall, each gram of the extract provides the same quantity of molecules of 5 to 7 grams of whole AFA.
Even though each extract has its own action on stem cells, and together they perform a total action on both somatic and neuronal stem cells, each extract has further and very important specific properties, backed by significant scientific evidence:
Klamin : PEA has very wide neuro-modulating and immune-modulating properties. It is also considered the “molecule of love”. Our brain produces it mostly when we are in love, or happy or enthusiastic about something. We all know that when we are in love we are happy, healthy and thin (also because love, by stimulating dopamine, makes one feel satiated and not hungry at all). PEA may be the molecule responsible for all that.
PEA is known to be a general neuromodulator. It is also a powerful immune-modulator even with activities at the digestive and gastro-intestinal levels.
Taking the PEA by itself would be useless, as once ingested is rapidly destroyed by the enzymes monoaminooxidase-B (MAO-B). Klamin® solves this problem as it contains other molecules, such as AFA-phycocyanins and mycosporine-like amino acids (MAAs), which act as powerful yet physiological MAO-B inhibitors.
Klamin has proven its efficacy in different clinical studies on mood, depression, anxiety and stress, fatigue, ADHD, autism, and neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer, Parkinson, MS; as well as on the increase of libido and as a powerful appetite suppressant, inhibiting especially the so called nervous hunger, the nervous munching between meals.
You can find a summary of these studies in my Booklet on Klamin and AphaMax clinical studies.
AphaMax: the specific phycocyanins of AFA, the AFA-phycocyanins concentrated in AphaMax, have proven to be the most powerful antioxidant of all known molecules – up to 40 times more powerful than quercetine and catechines. They are also very powerful anti-inflammatory substances, comparable to the new COX-2 inhibiting drugs but without the side effects.
Tested on mice that were injected with capsaicin in stomach and urinary bladder, with a huge increase in inflammation, when also given AphaMax the inflammation was completely, 100% inhibited.
We have also done a human study on psoriasis, and with only 3 tablets a day of a product based on AphaMax, 8 out of 10 patients had their psoriasis solved within 3 months.
We have done research related to cancer proliferation, and we have found a very strong ability of AFA-phycocyanins to generate the apoptosis (self-death) of cancer cells, as well as the ability to inhibit the generation of cancer metastases. They are only preliminary data, but very promising.
As phycocyanins are also able to stimulate the proliferation of fibroblasts, the skin´s own stem cells, and have also a very powerful fibrinolytic activity (the ability to dissolve the fibrin that keeps together both the cardiovascular plaque as well as cellulite tissues) AphaMax is also at the core of the transdermal project and patent.
Both Klamin and AphaMax have also a powerful activity on stem cells, and studies have proven the ability of all the molecules concentrated in the two extracts to promote both the release and the circulation of both somatic and neural stem cells.